We develop the important and longstanding relationship between the UK and Singapore. We provide consular services to British nationals, answering over 11,000 enquiries yearly.

We encourage Singapore to look to the UK as a global partner of choice in trade, investment, science and research, and we help Singapore on low-carbon economic development. Every year, we help about 100 UK companies gain a foothold in Singapore. We also work with Singapore to protect the national security of both countries, including through holding joint military exercises under the Five Power Defence Arrangements.

Travel advice for Singapore

Information on staying safe and avoiding problems when living or travelling abroad, with links to our embassies, high commissions and other diplomatic posts across the world.

How we can help

We offer help which is appropriate to the individual circumstances of each case, including:

  • Issuing replacement travel documents.

  • Providing information about transferring funds.

  • Providing appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious sexual or physical assault, are a victim of other crimes, are ill or in hospital.

  • Providing details of local lawyers, notary publics and funeral directors.

  • Doing all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained.

  • Offering support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, death of relatives

  • Contacting family or friends for you if you want.

  • Making special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil unrest or natural disasters.

  • Providing documentary services such as consular birth or death registration help with marriage documents.

UK law says we have to charge for some services. Details of our current fees and the standards of service you can expect to receive are on display in all our consular offices.

What we cannot do for you

Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:

  • Help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid.

  • Ensure your safety and security in another country.

  • Give you legal advice, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers.

  • Carry out searches for missing people.

  • Investigate crimes, get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings.

  • Get you better treatment in prison than local prisoners (although we may raise concerns with local authorities if treatment falls below internationally recognised standards) or get you better treatment in hospital than the treatment that is given to local people.

  • Pay any bills or give you money from public funds.

  • Make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation, or make business arrangements on your behalf.

  • Get involved in private disputes over property, employment, commercial or other matters.

Contact Form